Why do you need Technology Business Management (TBM)?
TBM enables CIOs and IT Executives manage and communicate the cost, quality and value of Technology Services to the business. By looking at technology from the business perspective IT leaders can tackle their technology run-costs to increase business value and innovation funding.
TBM allows technology leaders to reduce cost without reducing service quality, increase cost transparency and align technology spend with business priorities through collaborative budgeting and planning.
The 3 Main Challenges and Initial Thoughts of TBM
"TBM sounds great, but where do we start? We don’t have people with that experience."
The leading software and framework solution we recommend and are partnered with for TBM is Apptio.
Apptio have an industry leading standardised model, ATUM (Apptio TBM Unified Model), in use by 200+ customers.
With an experienced partner you can identify and start to deliver outcomes in as little as 8 weeks. Using our TBM+ Astute Way methodology StrataPrime build on the solid foundation of TBM and Apptio to mobilise and accelerate the delivery of Infrastructure Cost Optimisation and Transformation Change.
"My data isn’t good enough for TBM..."
The number one complaint from enterprises working toward IT optimization is that they don’t have reliable, comprehensive data on their IT environment. An IT cost model is only as good as the data that feeds it, but the only way to gather and clean up data is to define what you have and what you need.
Dirty data is a vicious cycle; you can’t achieve cost transparency because you don’t trust your data, and you can’t improve your data without cost transparency. TBM and cost transparency provide tools for eliminating dirty data.
"TBM won’t work, the business won’t buy into it as they don’t understand IT..."
It all starts with transparency. You’ve faced independent-minded or uncooperative business units that undermined or bypassed IT (often for good reason) and your IT reacted instinctively with new policies/controls. Leaving neither happy.
TBM proposes a different way, radical transparency about IT costs, consumption and performance, so that Business Unit Executives can empathize with pressures you face and embrace the economic forces of supply and demand to shape their consumption and costs. Ok, but what does that mean?
- Enables better prioritization of your IT investments in alignment with business strategy.
- Optimizes costs from existing services, and allows you to mine savings to pay for new initiatives.
- Accelerates decisions and improves outcomes through the use of facts and analytics.
- Engages Business Units in more balanced discussions of cost, performance, risk, and value.
- An official European and North American Apptio partner, with a resource pool of qualified Apptio TBM practitioners.
- We have a track record of accelerating the delivery of TBM success across, including
- Enabled Transformational Cost reduction to meet £100 million/$140 million+ reduction targets
- Infrastructure Rationalisation delivery of a 40% reduction of servers (over 5,500 servers) within 2 years.
- Accelerated Application rationalisation
- Cloud migration planning and implementation
- Leadership of cross-functional business and technology group to migrate over 1,000 on-premises servers to off-premises private Cloud with over £15 million/$20 million+ pa. savings
StrataPrime are different to other consultancies with the proven methodology, resources and experience to deliver quick wins in as little as 8 weeks with longer term transformational change delivering higher value strategic reductions.
We bring you award winning success
StrataPrime consultants are each have over 15 years hands-on experience leading award winning infrastructure and cost reduction success
Tried and Tested
We achieve significant results faster using our proven Astute Way methodology taking advantage of existing data and initiatives to transform cost reductions
Quick Wins Within 8 weeks
Using the Astute Way methodology StrataPrime can deliver quick wins within 8 weeks
Ready to execute
StrataPrime have the methodology, experience and certified TBM Advance Customer Advisor leadership resources available to accelerate reductions immediately
To aid you in your journey, StrataPrime have developed several packages for consulting services, the level of your TBM maturity dictating which package is recommended for you. Our TBM+ engagement options range from a Fully Managed Transformational programme through TBM+ as a Service down to TBM+ Kick Start with the option of designing your own TBM+ Custom model. StrataPrime TBM+ is ideally suited for new implementations to ensure successful outcomes are delivered quickly or to recover existing TBM implementations when expected value outcomes are not delivered.
- Understand & Compare Your IT costs
- Know Your Application & Service Costs
- Show Your Costs By Business Unit
- Analyse Cost, Quality & Utilisation
- Automate Planning & Forecasting
* Within 3-4 weeks a full maturity assessment and delivery timeline is agreed.